Saturday, June 2, 2012

Poetry 2: Eulogy for a friend

Eulogy for a friend (2007)

Silence has reached your feet…
A predicament that grieves all
 Life has cut its wreath,
But so sad, an unexpected call…

 You have lived the drama,
the comedy has paid its part...
 the inevitable has come and passed.
I wonder why it happened so fast…

 Living the succulent life, you did,
But things happen even as you close a lid.
 Who knows? Who dares to?
The world leaves questions but not a clue.

As a stranger you bow your head,
As a friend, you took the lead.
 One final stand was left and then you fade.
Sometimes, I ask why aid is late to make…

 To reminisce those days, I stare at you,
Is more real, but not as sweet…
 You lay there with innocence I don’t know,
   My friend, you played the song until it’s final beat…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Please also share to your friends ;)